Just look at this incredible bridleless Dressage!
clipped from www.thehorse.com
An AAEP Brochure
- The basic health and function of the body (functional view).
- How an animal “feels,” that is, its physiological state, such as pain, suffering or contentment (positive affective states views).
- An animal’s ability to lead a reasonably natural life and perform behaviors in which it might normally engage (natural living view).
- Transportation and Processing of Horses
- Management of Mares Utilized in the PMU Collection Industry
- Use of Horses in Urban Environments
- Use of Vesicants
- Practice of Soring
- Practice of Tail Docking
- Thermocautery or Pin Firing
- Therapeutic Medications in Racehorses
- Therapeutic Medications in Non-Racing Performance Horses
- Stewardship of the Horse
- Police Department or County Sheriff
- Animal Control
- Humane Society
- State Department of Agriculture
- Is the horse suffering?
- What is the likelihood of recovery or at least an acceptable return to usefulness?
- Has the horse become depressed or despondent or does it continue to show an interest and desire to live?
- How much discomfort or distress can the owner expect the horse to endure?
- What kind of special care will this horse require and can the owner meet its needs?
- Can the owner continue to provide for this horse economically?
- What are the alternatives?