3/16/06

News From Down Under

Late Tuesday afternoon I received a phone call from Down Under – no, not Australia. It was an extremely nice fellow named Lance from Down Under Saddle Supply, and he was calling about my saddle order. He was concerned that the saddle I’d ordered – the Wizzard Poley - would not be suitable for a horse with Indy’s wither tracing, which he had in his hand.

Actually, I had considered that myself, since the info says that saddles with traditional stuffed panels were more suitable for narrower, high withered types, and that Aussies had gone to the fleece lined panels – like an American Western saddle – because of the influence of the wider American horses. I had considered listing a second choice, but then forgot to do so.

So, here was Lance, calling to advise me instead of just sending me what I’d ordered. Is that service or what? We agreed that the Snowy River Legend would be a much better choice for a Morgan. In fact, Lance told me that the Dallas Mounted Patrol used only Morgans, and Down Under supplied their saddles – and had great success fitting their Morgans with this very model. Then he went on, going over the other things in my order as if he had all the time in the world. He said he would have my saddle out within 24 hours, but if I had any other questions, not to hesitate to call him.

The next evening I got a pre shipment notice from Fed Ex stating that they now had it and it was on its way. Guess Lance made good on his 24 hour promise.

I’m impressed. If the saddle itself is anywhere near as good as the service, Indy and I will be in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please remember that this is a family blog and express yourself accordingly. Love y'all.

"From my earliest memories, I have loved horses with a longing beyond words." ~ Robert Vavra